Sunday, May 25, 2014

"The Real World"

Growing up is such an amazing experience. For me, it is even more so because I have been stopping and reflecting on all of my "adult" decisions since graduating... Starting my job has been a great experience by itself, I have met so many hardworking, passionate, and genuine people, who inspire and encourage me every day, and I've realized it is very important to not only have co-workers like that, but people in your life who will always support you. It's a scary experience getting older and becoming more independent, but if you have a goal, and the support, it really does make a difference. 

I've watched myself change over the past few months, obviously it has been a positive change, and that is a really great feeling. In the past 6 months, I've graduated from college, started working full time, and gotten into a masters program. I have a 5 year and a 10 year plan, and I finally feel like I have a handle on life. Not everything is always good, but how can we learn to appreciate the good times, if we've never experienced bad ones? Those bad times are what allows us to notice the good times, otherwise, we would just take it all for granted. 

Part of my plan is to be a role model for those around me, and to be the best person I can be. I will never give up on my dreams, because a dream is a wish your heart makes, and I've learned you need to follow your heart. Life is too short to live with regrets, life is too short to be unhappy. Do everything that makes you happy and don't think about it twice. Be yourself because you are wonderful. Every single experience shapes who we are as individuals, embrace change, and never give up. These are lessons I would like to pass on because these lessons have been passed on to me. 

The real world isn't so scary, you just have to jump in and enjoy the ride. 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment